The Inaugural Sydney Financial Forum Think Tank was held in April 2010. This half-day meeting included senior leaders from across the financial services sector.
The Think Tank stirred thought and discussion on significant issues central to future and growth of Australia’s financial services industry and central to Sydney’s role as the financial services hub of the nation.
Opened by the Treasurer of NSW and the recently appointed Chair of Finance and Superannuation at UTS, Dr Susan Thorpe, the following speakers gave presentations:
- The Hon Mike Baird, Treasurer of NSW
- Dr Susan Thorp, Professor School of Finance and Economics, Chair of Finance & Superannuation, University of Technology Sydney
- Mark Birrell, Chairman, Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- Stephen Knight, Chief Executive, New South Wales Treasury Corporation
- Raphael Arndt, Head of Infrastructure, FutureFund
- Quentin Dempster, Journalist, ABC (moderator)
- Dr Chris Caton, Chief Economist, BT Financial Group
- Kate Howitt, Portfolio Manager Australian equities, Fidelity
- Dr Shane Oliver, Chief Economist, AMP Capital Investors
- Dr Don Stammer, Company Director and economic commentator